Applies to: Everyone
If you are enrolled in SMS as one of your authentication factors, you can update your phone number and authentication factors when your mobile phone number changes.
If you aren't enrolled in SMS, contact our Support team for assistance.
I want to
- Reset authentication factors to use my new phone number
About this task
Use Intralinks Authenticator – Use your phone to scan the QR code or enter the secret key displayed in this dialog box in the Authenticator section in the Intralinks Mobile app on your phone. Click the icon at the end of the secret code to copy the code. In the Verification code field, enter the 6-digit code generated by the app and tap Activate.
Note: This option cannot be used with Okta Verify with Push.
Use Okta Verify with Push – Okta Verify with Push eliminates the need to enter a code. Instead, it sends a push verification to your phone and you must tap Yes, it’s me to authenticate. Use your phone to select the type of account and scan the QR code in this dialog box in the Okta Verify App on your phone.
This option requires that you phone be connected to the internet. If your phone does not have an internet connection, you can choose to verify using a code and you will be enrolled in Okta Verify.
Note: This option cannot be used with Intralinks Authenticator.
Use your preferred authenticator – Use your phone to scan the QR code or enter the secret key displayed in this dialog box in the Authenticator App on your phone. Click the icon at the end of the secret code to copy the code. In the Verification code field, enter the 6-digit code generated by the app and tap Activate.
- When you are asked to verify your identity when logging in, click Update phone number used for SMS.
- In the Country Code field, select the country code of your old phone.
- In the Phone Number field, enter your old phone number.
- Click Validate.
- If you enter the correct phone number, an email is sent to you with a code that you can use to reset your authentication factors. This code is good for ten minutes.
- If you enter an incorrect phone number five times, you will be locked out. If this is the case, contact our Support team to unlock your account.
- In the Code field, enter the code that was sent to you in an email and click Next.
- If you click the link in the email, you will need to re-enter your email address and password.
- All previously enrolled authentication factors are removed.
- In the Account Security Setup screen, reconfigure the authentication factors that you want to use to verify your identity.
- Click Finish.