Applies to: Everyone
I'm trying to access my Intralinks archive, but the VHD file won't mount on my computer.
If you have an issue with mounting the VHD file, please try the following alternative mounting steps.
Note: Windows 10 or higher is required for accessing VHD archives.
- On your computer, click either the Windows Start or Search (magnifying glass) icon.
- Type Create and format hard disk partitions and press Enter.
- In the Disk Management window that opens, select your local hard drive (typically labeled Windows C:).
- Click Action > Attach VHD.
- Click Browse, select the VHD file, and click Open.
- Click OK.
- The VHD file should now be mounted.
- Next, open your Windows File Explorer. You should see two new drives:
- Local Disk (drive letter): Contains the archive files with all information pertaining to the exchange.
- IL-Info (drive letter): Contains the archive confirmation letter, an invoice, shipping information, and additional files for Intralinks Support reference if assistance is needed.
- Double-click the encrypted Local Disk drive and enter the archive password you were sent.
- When the drive is unlocked, the name changes to Archive (drive letter).
- Open the drive to access the archive contents.
Note: If you don't see the Create and format hard disk partitions option, cannot open the Disk Management window, or are prompted at any point for admin credentials, an administrative policy on your computer may be blocking the access. If this occurs, please contact your company's IT team for assistance.