Applies to: Everyone
I'm trying to mount the VHD file for my Intralinks archive, but the following error message appears:
The requested operation could not be completed due to a virtual disk system limitation. Virtual hard disk files must be uncompressed and unencrypted and must not be sparse.
Your Windows computer is attempting to compress files to save disk space.
You must disable the Windows compression feature to mount the archive.
Note: You can disable the feature on a per-file basis so that the change doesn't affect your entire computer.
- Right-click on the archive VHD file and select Properties.
- Click the Advanced... button.
- Uncheck Compress contents to save disk space and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Properties window.
- Double-click the VHD file again to mount it.