Applies to: All managers and publishers
The User Activity by Group report provides a comprehensive view of group and user coverage for folders and documents. The report can be created for specific groups or for all groups. Groups that do not include any members are not included on the report. You can choose to exclude documents for which there has been no activity.
The report is produced offline and provided to you when it is ready for viewing. Reports generally are available within one hour after a request is made. The report is delivered as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. The activity for each group included on the report is displayed on a separate worksheet.
The top section of the report provides summary information about the number of times people and groups accessed documents on the exchange. The lower part of the report lists individual documents by folder, along with the number of documents each user has accessed in each folder and the most recent date (if any) that the user accessed each document. If the user is not allowed to view the document, No permission appears on the report.
I want to
- View a comprehensive view of member activity
- From within the exchange, click Insights & Reporting.
- Click Reports.
- Click User Activity by Group.
- Click Run New Report at the bottom of the screen. The Set Properties view of the Run User Activity by Group Report wizard appears.
- Select the time period for the activity that you want to include in the report: since the launch of the exchange; the last day; the last seven days; last month; or a range of dates that you specify.
- (Optional.) Mark the Show only documents that have been viewed by the selected groups option. If you mark this option, the report may be shorter, take less time to create, and be easier to read.
- Click Next. The Select Groups view of the User Activity by Group wizard appears.
- Highlight each group that you wish to include on the report.
- Click Submit.
- The new report appears at the top of the list of User Activity by Group reports. If Pending is displayed in the Status column, click Refresh until the status changes to Ready. Click Ready or its Download button to download the new report.
- Click the downloaded file to open the report.
- If you want to print the report, select Print from the File menu in Excel.
- Select your print options and click Print.