Applies to: Manager Plus, Hidden Manager Plus, Manager, Publisher Plus
Intralinks VDRPro provides the following reports for reviewing document permissions. Depending on how your VDR is configured, you may be able to view staged changes as well as currently applied permissions.
- Applied Permissions Report
- Gap Finder Report
- Selected Group Report
Note: You can view permissions for an individual document by right-clicking on it in the Documents tab and selecting Permissions.
These reports can be used to review currently applied permissions. They can be selected from the Report/Export button on the Permissions screen. After the selected reports have been generated, they are available on the Reports tab.
They appear in Microsoft Excel format and can be printed.
The Applied Permissions Report lists all the folders and documents on the exchange, along with the permissions assigned to them for each member group. If you find that corrections need to be made, return to the Permissions screen to make them.
The Gap Finder Report is a “heat map” and provides a statistical summary of pending and current permissions by group for all files. It lists the folders within the exchange on the left side of a grid and the groups within the exchange at the top of the grid. If a group has permission to access all files within a folder, the space on the grid for that folder and group is bright green. If the group has permission to access some, but not all, of the files, the space is light green. If the group does not have access to any files in a folder, the corresponding space is red. Using this report, you can quickly spot areas of concern that need to be fixed or investigated further.
The Selected Groups Report displays the same information that is available on the Permissions screen. The report displays information only for the groups that currently are selected on the Permissions screen. To view information for other groups, return to the Permissions screen and select those groups. All documents on the exchange are listed, along with the permissions assigned to them for each group. Permissions that have been staged but have not been applied are highlighted. The Selected Groups Report offers greater detail than the Gap Finder Report and can be used to investigate any gaps identified on that report.
I want to
- Review which users have access to documents
- From within the exchange, click Insights & Reporting.
- Click Reports.
- Click on the name of the Permissions report you want to generate. A list of previously generated reports is displayed.
- Click Run New Report. A message will appear to inform you that the report is being generated and will appear on the Reports screen. Click the X or Close to close the message.
- If Ready appears in the Status column, the report is ready to view. If Pending appears, wait a few minutes, then click Refresh to update the list.
- When the new report is ready to view, click Ready or the Download button to download the new report. The report appears as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. (Depending upon your browser, the report may appear automatically, or you may have to double-click the downloaded report to open it.)
- To print the report, select Print from the Excel File menu.
- Select your print options and click Print.