Applies to: All managers and publishers
The Folder Coverage Report provides insight into which groups are most active and which folders they are accessing most often. The report is in a graphical format that lets you quickly analyze group activity and the information that is most interesting to the groups’ members.
The Folder Coverage Report captures information about document activities, including viewing, printing and downloading. You can view information for the groups and folders that are most, and least, active. The report is presented in the form of a “heat map”; darker colors indicate a higher level of activity; lighter colors indicate little or no activity. If a group does not have access to any documents within a folder, the folder appears blank on the report. If the group has not read any of the documents within the folder, 0% appears. If the folder is empty (no documents have been placed in it yet), No Access is shown. In addition to percentages, the actual number of accesses can be displayed by choosing Number from the Format options menu.
The Total coverage row at the top of the report shows aggregated totals for all folders on the exchange, not only those displayed on the report.
If you are using your exchange to sell an asset, this report provides a gauge of buyer interest as well as insight into whether a particular group is interested in some part of the asset being sold (European operations, for example). As another example, an unusual level of interest in litigation documentation may indicate an elevated concern about the risk that would be acquired along with the asset.
I want to
- View which groups are most active and which folders they are accessing most often
- From within the exchange, click Insights & Reporting.
- Click Reports.
- Click Folder Coverage.
- Select the format for the report from the Format menu at the top of the screen.
- Limit the amount of information displayed by clicking filter icon and selecting the information you want to display.
- Click Apply. Information for the selected number of folders and groups is displayed.
If you change the report options, be sure to click Apply again.
- When you are ready to print the report, click Export. The report appears in table format in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- In Excel, from the File menu, select Print.
- Select your print options and click Print.