Applies to: Users with the Manager Plus role
If you have been assigned the Manager Plus or Manager Limited exchange role, you can view the Documents List as though you were another exchange member. You can use this ability to verify that document permissions have been set correctly for the selected exchange member and that the exchange member has access only to the content he or she is meant to see.
Using the View As feature, you can view the Documents List and open individual documents. You cannot perform any other tasks while using this feature. Be sure to exit the View As feature after you have finishing verifying permissioning.
I want to
- Review the documents that another exchange member can see
- Verify that document permissions have been set correctly
- To display the documents list, click the Documents tab at the top of the screen.
- From the More Actions menu, select View As.
- In the View As panel, highlight the name of the person whose permissioning you want to verify.
You can search for people using their names or email addresses. You also can filter the list by user role, group or organization.
- Click View As. The Documents List displays the documents that are available to the selected user. A message bar at the top of the screen appears with the name of the person you selected.
To see all of the documents that are available to the selected user in a single page, click the Display Documents as a List (No Folders) option in the message bar. No folders are displayed. If the option is disabled, the documents list appears with folders as it usually does, and you will have to open each folder to see the documents stored within them.
Use the Search field to quickly locate specific documents in the view, or to determine whether the selected user has access to those documents.
- (Optional.) When you have finished viewing the documents for the selected person, you can select another user by clicking the Change User button at the top of the screen. In the View As panel, select another exchange member.
- When you have finished reviewing the exchange members’ document permissions, click Exit in the message bar at the top of the screen.