Applies to: All managers and publishers
Depending on your role and how your VDR was set up, you may not be able to perform this task.
You can update document and folder names using a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. This function is useful if you need to rename many documents or folders quickly.
To use an import file, you first export the document and folder names for all the documents on your exchange into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, make changes to the document and folder names in Excel, and then import the updates to the exchange.
I want to
- Rename documents using an Excel spreadsheet
To export document and folder metadata
- Click the Documents tab at the top of the screen.
- From the More Actions menu, select Rename Documents & Folders. The Upload Spreadsheet step of the Update Names and Content Assignments wizard is displayed.
- Click the Download a spreadsheet link.
To edit document and folder names
- Open the downloaded Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- In the New Name (After Changes) column, enter the new names for the folders and documents that you want to change.
- When finished making your changes, save and close the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
To import updates to the exchange
- From the More Actions menu, select Rename Documents & Folders.
- Click the Browse button and select the edited Microsoft Excel worksheet, then click Open.
- Click Next.
- Review the proposed name changes. You can make additional changes to the new names in the New Name (After Changes) column by clicking the new names and editing them.
- When you are satisfied with the changes, click Apply Changes. A message appears to confirm that the documents and folders have been renamed.