Applies to: Everyone
Depending on your role and how your VDR was set up, you may not be able to perform this task.
You can open a single document without leaving the Documents screen, allowing you to view documents in context. You can preview the following file types:
- Microsoft Office formats
XLS and XLSX documents cannot be opened in preview mode.
- Graphic files – PNG, JPG, BMP, WMF, EMF, GIF, JP2, and JPC
- Video files – MP4, OGG, and WEBM
- CAD files – DWG, DWF, DXF, and DGN
CAD files are converted to PDF format when rendered, which means that animations in three dimensional files cannot be accessed.
- ODT and ODS
Preview is not available when filters are applied and when using View as.
If you experience freezing or stoppage issues while previewing video, ensure that your internet speed is running at a minimum bitrate of 10 Mbps and that your browser is Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
I want to
- Open a document without leaving the Documents screen
- Display the Documents screen within the exchange.
- Right click on the file that you want to preview and select Preview.
The file is displayed in a panel to right of the documents list. If there is a document note, it is opened first.
You can pause, mute, and move through video files using the progress bar. To exit preview, click the X in the upper right of the preview panel.