Unpublished custom fields remain invisible to exchange users until you publish them. When you are ready for people to begin using a custom field, change its status to Published. You can publish or unpublish custom fields individually, or all at the same time.
Important Note: Changing a published custom field to unpublished deletes all of the document data (metadata) that all users have entered into that field for any document on the exchange.
I want to
- Make custom fields visible to exchange users
- Hide custom fields from exchange users
- Click Settings in the upper right corner of the screen, then click Custom Field Setup.
- Click Edit.
- To publish or unpublish all fields at once, mark the Select All check box at the top of the list, then click the Actions button and select Publish or Unpublish.
- To publish or unpublish individual fields, hover your mouse over the field type icon at the left of the field label. When the icon changes to a selection box, mark the box, then click the Actions button.