Applies to: All managers and publishers
Depending on your role and how your VDR was set up, you may not be able to perform this task.
You can create folders in bulk when your exchange does not use custom fields and when folder-level permissioning is turned off.
I want to
- Create many folders at one time.
- Open the exchange where you want to create a folder, then select Documents at the top of the screen.
If you have a manager role:
- A top-level folder is created if All Folders is collapsed. To create a top-level folder, make sure All Folders is selected at the top of the folder list. Top-level folders appear at the exchange level.
- To create a subfolder, first select the folder that will contain the new subfolder. Subfolders appear inside other folders.
If you have a reviewer role and the exchange manager has given you the ability to add and rename subfolders within one or more folders, open the folder where you want the new folder to appear.
- Click Create Folder.
- Click Add New Folder.
- Enter a folder name that clearly describes the contents of the new Note that the following characters cannot be used in folder titles:
/ \ : * " < > ? |
If the Index Files and Folders setting is enabled, an index is automatically assigned.
- To enter a note about the folder, click the Note icon. Notes appear on the folder's Properties screen and can be viewed by anyone who has access to the For this reason, do not include information that should not be seen by reviewers. The notes are for reference purposes only and will not appear on reports.
- When you are finished adding folders, click Create.