Applies to: Users with the Manager Plus role
The exchange creation process is a collaborative effort between the people who will manage the exchanges and Intralinks employees, generally referred to as Intralinks administrators.
Tasks that must be performed by an Intralinks employee
An Intralinks administrator must perform a few key steps in the exchange setup process. These steps include:
- Creating a business group for your organization
- Creating one or more templates that will be used as the starting point for creating exchanges
- Changing certain options, such as those for enhanced security, document protections, full-text document search, and the ability to log in more than once at the same time
Tasks you can perform
Depending upon the specific rights assigned to you, as an exchange manager you can perform most of the tasks needed to create and maintain your exchanges.
- Updating templates
- Creating exchanges
- Adding and removing contacts (exchange members)
- Adding members to your business group
For information about the specific rights available to business group members, see Business groups.