Applies to: All Manager roles, Publisher Plus
To apply the same (or similar) document permissions to more than one group, you can save time by setting the permissions for one group and then copying them to additional groups.
I want to
- Copy permissions from one group to another
About this task
Any permissions that previously existed for the target group(s) are replaced with those from the source group. After changes have been copied, you can make any further changes that are needed.
Use this feature with care; once changes are made, they cannot be undone.
Copying permissions using the Users and Groups tab
- Click Users and Groups at the top of the screen.
- Highlight the group whose permissions you want to copy, click Copy Group Permissions.
- In the Copy Permissions panel, select the group (or groups) to which you want to copy permissions.
- Click Apply. The permissions for the selected groups are updated and the Copy Permissions panel closes.
Copying permissions using the Permissions tab
- Click Permissions at the top of the screen.
- In the column header, click the name of the group that has the permissions you want to copy.
- Click Copy Group.
- In the Apply Copied Permissions to the groups below panel, click the group (or groups) to which you want to copy permissions.
- Click Apply. The Permissions screen reappears. If the group the permissions were copied to is displayed, the copied permissions appear as staged changes. Make any additional changes that are needed, then review and apply the changes.