Applies to: Everyone
This article will guide you through setting up multi-factor authentication on an account you share with other users.
I want to
- Access Intralinks with a shared / group account
- Configure MFA (multi-factor authentication)
About this task
Some Intralinks users log in with a shared or group account, which multiple other users have access to.
For added security, every Intralinks user account is required to have at least one assigned method of multi-factor authentication.
For multiple users to share a single account, all of them must use the same multi-factor authentication method and configure the method with the same QR code / secret code.
The first user who activates the account must copy the QR code / secret code that is displayed on the authenticator setup screen. That person can then share the codes with any other users who will log in with the same account (to activate the authenticator app on their devices).
- Multiple users must avoid logging in concurrently during the first login. Once one person uses the current authentication code, it becomes invalidated. If multiple other users then try to log in with that same code, they could lock the account.
- In the following scenarios, shared / group account users will need to disable the MFA method on the profile and set it up again from the beginning:
- The first user with the shared / group account has already set up the MFA on their device but didn't save the QR code / secret code.
- A new colleague joins the group and needs to use the shared account, but the other users no longer have the original QR code / secret code.
Use Intralinks Authenticator – Use your phone to scan the QR code or enter the secret key displayed in this dialog box in the Authenticator section in the Intralinks Mobile app on your phone. Click the icon at the end of the secret code to copy the code. In the Verification code field, enter the 6-digit code generated by the app and tap Activate.
Note: This option cannot be used with Okta Verify with Push.
Use Okta Verify with Push – Okta Verify with Push eliminates the need to enter a code. Instead, it sends a push verification to your phone and you must tap Yes, it’s me to authenticate. Use your phone to select the type of account and scan the QR code in this dialog box in the Okta Verify App on your phone.
This option requires that you phone be connected to the internet. If your phone does not have an internet connection, you can choose to verify using a code and you will be enrolled in Okta Verify.
Note: This option cannot be used with Intralinks Authenticator.
Use your preferred authenticator – Use your phone to scan the QR code or enter the secret key displayed in this dialog box in the Authenticator App on your phone. Click the icon at the end of the secret code to copy the code. In the Verification code field, enter the 6-digit code generated by the app and tap Activate.
- Log in to your group account.
- If this is the first login for the account, you will be presented with the Account Security Setup screen during the account activation process.
- If the account is already active, click the profile icon (upper right), then select Account Profile. Next, click Account Recovery Settings in the left-side pane.
- Click Set Up next to your selected authenticator option.
Note: If the option is already configured, click Disable and confirm. You can then click Set Up.
- Open the authenticator app on your mobile device, create a new account, and either scan the QR code on the Intralinks screen or manually enter the secret code into the app.
Before proceeding further, take a screen shot of the QR code and / or copy the secret code on the Intralinks screen. You must share these codes with any users who will log in with the group account.
Note: You cannot capture these codes at a later time. If you skip this step now, you will need to disable the authenticator option and start the setup again.
- In the Verification code field on the Intralinks screen, enter the current six-digit code displayed in the authenticator app.
- Click Activate. The selected MFA option is now configured for the account.
- Share the QR code / secret code with any members who are using the group account. They must install the same authenticator app on their mobile devices and use the same code to configure the account in the app.
- Verify that everyone who set up the authenticator app on their device can see the same six-digit code as it cycles.