Applies to: Everyone
The Advanced Reporting service is a self-service application that allows you to generate reports to get in-depth information about your exchanges. You can control which users have access to reports, as well as automate and schedule reports. All reports are available for download for 90 days.
The service is initially set up by Intralinks. Once reporting is set up, your designated company administrator(s) can manage reports or Intralinks can do it as a managed service.
Users that are given the Report Requestor role can schedule reports on the ReportPortal. The reports run in the background and are automatically posted to the ReportPortal.
There are ReportPortal-specific roles are not related to Intralinks VDRPro roles. The roles are as follows:
- Company Admin - Users with this role can designate Company Admins, Add and remove users from the ReportPortal and grant users the ability to run reports for specific data. They cannot request reports. They access Advanced Reporting using the Administration Dashboard.
- Report Requestor - Users with this role can request reports based on their assigned permissions. They access Advanced Reporting using the Report Requestor Dashboard.
Reports can be run against contract, business group, and exchange levels. The following reports are available:
Document Access report
Provides the date and timestamp of each time a user accessed a document.
Document Upload report
Provides details about documents that have been added to an exchange, including the document name, the user that added it and the time it was added.
Users Across Exchanges report
Provides a list of all users across one or more exchanges. This report is useful for a multi-exchange visibility.
Users in Groups report
Provides a list of all users and their groups, including any users with no group membership.
Users Added To and Removed From Exchange report
Provides a list of users that have been added to and removed from an Exchange, including the date they were added or removed.
Exchange Access Report
Provides a list of the date and time each time users logged in to an exchange. This report can be used for compliance and provides visibility into which users are accessing the exchange.
Exchange Access Acceptance report
Provides a list of users that have accepted or rejected the terms & conditions for participating in the exchange.
Current Document Permission report
Provides a list of the current permissions and protections for documents by the group to which it was permissioned.
Due Diligence Timeline report
Provides the first and last date reviewers entered into an exchange. This information acts as a proxy for how long a project was open for the due diligence period and provides visibility into the total time spent per project.
Project Health Overview report
Provides a high-level aggregated overview of the exchange.
Organization Login Activity report
Provides the total number of logins per organization for an exchange.
VDR Phase Summary report
Provides a summary of VDR phases, allowing you to quickly see how your team's overall VDR usage is progressing.
Orphaned VDR Summary report
Provides a summary of when the VDRs under your contract have been accessed. This information is useful for identifying VDRs that need new data stewards or should be archived and closed.
Permission History report
Provides a history of all granted permissions over time for all documents and folders on exchanges.
Business Group Membership report
Lists the current business group membership role for all users.
Requesting and working with reports
Creating a report request
The Active Request list shows the reports that have been requested, the type of report, the target, how often it will be run, and the status of the report. When the report has been generated, you can download it from this list. In addition, you can change or delete a request, download previous reports, and generate the report immediately.
Your company’s subscription contract with Intralinks determines the maximum number of reports that you can run without incurring additional cost. For example, 12 reports per month.
- Click + Request New Report.
- Select the type of report you want to request and click Next.
- In the Report by, select the target type and click Next.
- In the Available column select the targets and move them to the Selected column by clicking the right arrow.
- Click Next.
- Select the frequency to generate the report. Additional fields may be displayed based on your selection.
- Click Create Request.
Editing a scheduled report request
If the reports is not a one-time report, you can change the report targets and the schedule.
- Locate the report in the Active Requests list.
- From the Manage menu, click Change This Request.
- Make any necessary changes in the details window (e.g., select another exchange to include in the report).
- Click Update.
Deleting a scheduled report
Deleting a scheduled report only stops further reports from running. The action doesn't delete previously generated instances of the report.
- Locate the report in the Active Requests section.
- From the Manage menu, click Delete This Request.
- Click the Yes, Delete it.
When a scheduled report is generated, it is posted to the Available Reports section in the Portal.
All reports are generated in CSV format. Download the report to view it.
To download a generated report, locate the report in the Available Reports section and click Download Latest Report.
Downloading a previously generated report
- Locate the report in the Active Requests section.
- From the Manage menu, click Download Previous Reports.
- Locate the version that you want and click the Download icon.