Applies to: Everyone
Notes can include summaries of meetings, phone calls, research results, and so on, that can be used as historic records for audits, compliance or decision making. A note can be attached to one or more entities or documents. For example, a meeting summary note for a fund investment might be linked to the fund, investment, asset manager/company and the contacts that were present at the time of the meeting.
Important: A note must include at least one link to an entity. If it does not contain at least one link, you will not be able to save the note.
I want to
- Add notes to documents or entities
Notes can be added from the Notes grid and from the Notes tab on an entity or document.
- From the Connect menu, click Notes or from the Invest menu, select the entity, then click the Notes tab.
- Click Add Notes.
- In the Topic field, enter a description of the note.
- In the Body field, enter the text of the note.
- To make the note private, move the This note is private toggle to the right.
- In the Note Category field, select the type of note.
- To add a link to an entity, click Add Link.
- In the Entity field, select the entity type to which to link this note.
- In the Select field, select the entity to which to link this note. The note will be displayed on the Notes tab for the specific entity. To link to a document, you must add the note from the document. When you add the note from the document, the document is automatically linked to the note.
- Click Link.
- To bookmark a note so that it will be displayed in your favorites grid:
- From the list of notes, click the note you want to bookmark.
- Click the Bookmarked button. This button toggles the bookmark on and off.
Displaying bookmarked notes
- From the Connect menu, click Notes.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the Bookmark column.
- Mark the True option. Only bookmarked notes are displayed.