Product: Intralinks Designer
Applies to: Everyone
You can use the Intralinks Download Wizard to download multiple folders, documents and attachments at the same time. You can select folders and documents from your exchange and copy them to your computer or a network drive. Using the Download Wizard, you can download all the contents of one or more exchanges, the contents of selected folders, and individual files.
Note that some documents or attachments may have protections applied to them that will prevent you from printing them.
To download items from an exchange, the allow bulk downloading of documents option on the exchange's settings screen must be marked.
Intralinks Designer contains additional capabilities for people with manager or publisher roles. If you are assigned the role of Previewer or Reviewer, you can use Intralinks Designer only for downloading documents.
I want to
- Download multiple folders, documents, or attachments at the same time
- Select the Documents tab.
- Select the Download Content button on the toolbar. The Download Wizard’s Select Items view appears, displaying a list of the exchanges to which you have access.
- Using the Available list, locate the items you want to download. Either double-click an exchange’s name or click the plus-sign (+) icon to the left of it to view the contents of the exchange. You can view the contents of folders within the exchange in the same way.
- When you have located an item (exchange, folder or document) that you want to download, highlight it and click the Add button. The individual documents that you selected appear in the To be downloaded list. Continue selecting items until you have selected all the items that you want to download.
- Click Next. The Locations & settings view of the Wizard appears.
- Select the location on your computer or network where the items will be downloaded. Also select options for organizing and processing files, along with advanced options. To learn more about download options, see "Options for downloading information using the Download Wizard."
- Click Next. The Download view of the wizard appears.
- Review your selections. Highlight an exchange to see all the documents that will be downloaded from it. Click the Back button to make changes.
- Click the Start button to begin downloading the items to the selected location. As items are downloaded, information about them is displayed. You can halt the download if necessary by clicking the Stop button.
- Once the items have been downloaded, you can choose to print the documents and view a download log, which shows detailed information about items you downloaded, including their title and extension, status (completed, failed to be downloaded, completed with warnings), the date and time each item was downloaded, their location on the exchange and on your computer or network, and error messages if the items could not be downloaded or was downloaded with a warning. (For example, the document's name was modified because another document with the same name already exists in the selected location.)
To print the documents, click Print these documents. The Bulk Print Documents window appears. Review the documents displayed. To remove a document from the list, highlight it and then click Remove selected. When you have finished reviewing the list, click Print.
To view the Download Log, click Open Download Log.
- Click Close.
Options for downloading information using Download Wizard
When using the Download Wizard, you can select a number of options for downloading folders, attachments and documents. Following are some of the mot common options.
- Save download to – Select the location on your computer or network where the items you selected will be downloaded.
File organization options
You can choose whether the folders on your exchange will be recreated on your computer, or whether all the documents or attachments will be downloaded into a single folder.
- Retain folder structure of the exchange – If you select this option, the folder organization used on your exchange will be recreated on your computer or network drive. This option is especially useful if you are downloading many files from multiple folders or the contents of entire exchanges.
- Place all files in a single folder – All the documents you selected will appear in the location you selected. No subfolders will be created for them.
Options for files with the same name
Use these options to indicate what will happen when you download a file with the same name as a file that already exists in the download location.
- Do not download – The file on the exchange is not downloaded, and the file that already exists in the download location is not changed in any way.
- Download and append suffix – The file on the exchange is downloaded and the suffix (1) is added to the file's name; the suffix is incremented if the file has been downloaded previously. The file that already exists in the download location is not changed in any way.
- Prompt for response – If you attempt to download a file with the same name as an existing file, a message appears asking you to decide whether to skip the file, download it but add a suffix to its name, or download it and overwrite (erase) the existing file.
- Overwrite – The existing file is replaced by the file from the exchange.
- Add the exchange ID to the exchange folder name – Mark this option if you want the exchange ID (a unique numeric identifier for each exchange) to be included in the folder name for each exchange.
- Add the date and time of the download to the exchange folder name – Mark this option to include the date and time the content was downloaded to the folder name for each exchange.
Enable concurrent downloads – Mark this option to allow files from multiple exchanges to be downloaded at the same time.
Note: This option is only available if Allow concurrent download of documents is marked on the General tab of the Intralinks Designer Options screen. To access the Intralinks Designer Options screen, from the Settings menu, select Intralinks Designer Options.
- Use Index as file name prefix – If the items being downloaded are indexed, mark this option to include the index number in the items' names. If this option is unmarked, index numbers are not downloaded.
System error options
Choose the action that you want to be taken when a file cannot be downloaded:
- Ignore the error and move to the next file – If you mark this option, files that cannot be downloaded are skipped, and the rest of the files you requested are downloaded. Information about errors can be found in the Download Log.
- Stop the download – If you mark this option and a file cannot be downloaded, the download process is stopped altogether.
- Faster download for video files - Mark this option when you want to download video files in bulk. This option improves download speed for large video files in MOV, MP4, WEBM and OGG formats.
- Always download metadata for documents (Intralinks Platform only) – Mark this option to download the following information about each document downloaded from an exchange: document title; the file's location on the exchange and on the computer or network drive; notes added for the document; the date and time it was created or updated, along with the name of the person who created or updated it; the file type (PDF, for example); its size; and the number of pages in the document. The information will appear in a text file in the same location as the file that was downloaded.