Applies to: All managers and publishers
You can only change a document’s public/private designation in exchanges that require reviewers and previewers to make public or private declarations.
I want to
- Change a document's public/private designation
Changing a single document's public/private designation
- Click the Documents tab.
- Open the folder that contains the document whose designation you want to change.
- In the right pane, right-click on the document and click Properties.
- In the Document Contents field, select the designation:
Public – The document’s contents are not considered material.
Private – The document contains material, non-public information.
- Click Save Changes.
Changing multiple documents' public/private designation using an import file
You can update the public/private designation for documents using a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. This function is useful when you need to change many documents or folders quickly.
To use an import file, you first export the documents’ public/private designations for all the documents on your exchange into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, make changes to the document and folder names in Excel, and then import the updates to the exchange.
Exporting document and folder metadata
- Display the Documents screen within the exchange.
- From the More Actions menu, select Update Names & Content Assignments. The Upload Spreadsheet step of the Update Names and Content Assignments wizard is displayed.
- Click the Download a spreadsheet link.
Editing document and folder names
- Open the downloaded Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- In the New Name (After Changes) column, enter the new public/private designation for the documents that you want to change.
- When finished making your changes, save and close the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
Importing updates to the exchange
The Upload Spreadsheet step of the Update Names and Content Assignments wizard should be displayed.
- Click the Browse button and select the edited Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, then click Open.
- Click Next.
- Review the proposed You can make additional changes in the New Name (After Changes) column by clicking the designations and editing them.
- When you are satisfied with the changes, click Apply Changes. A message appears to confirm that the changes were made.