Product: Intralinks VIA Pro for Desktop
Applies to: Owners and Editors
You can rename folders in Workspaces you are syncing through VIA Desktop. When a folder is renamed, the changes will sync to the Workspace on VIA Web, where the folder will be renamed as well.
I want to
- Use VIA Pro for Desktop to rename a Workspace folder
- Rename a folder in VIA Pro for Desktop and have it sync the change to VIA Pro for the Web
- Run VIA Pro for Desktop.
- Access your local Intralinks VIA folder, open a Workspace, and locate the specific folder.
- Right-click on the folder name and choose Rename on the menu.
Note: If you're a Mac user and don't have a right-click option, press / hold the Control key and click the Workspace folder.
Note: Folder names cannot contain the following characters: &/\:*"<>?| If a folder name contains an ampersand (&), you will not be able to download the files in this folder or view them in the online viewer.
- In the menu that opens, update the folder name and press Enter / Return.
- A green check mark will appear on the Workspace icon once the change has synced online.