Product: Intralinks VIA Pro for Desktop
Applies to: Owners and Editors
VIA Desktop allows Workspace owners and editors to add content to Workspaces.
I want to
- Add folders and files to my Workspace through VIA Desktop
- Add content to my local Intralinks VIA folder and have it sync to my Workspace on the web
- Run VIA Desktop.
- Open the Intralinks VIA folder on your computer. All Workspaces you are currently syncing with VIA Desktop will appear.
- Double-click a Workspace folder to access it.
- Drag / drop or copy / paste content (folders / files) from your computer into the Workspace. You can add the content to the main Workspace level or to an existing folder. You can also create new empty folders in the Workspace with your computer's New Folder command.
Note: Folder and file names cannot contain the following characters: &/\:*"<>?| If a folder or file name contains an ampersand (&), you will not be able to download the files in this folder or view them in the online viewer.
- The sync process will begin for the new content. You can check the progress by clicking the VIA system tray icon. The sync percentage is displayed at the top of the application menu.
- The VIA icon will display a green check mark when the sync process is complete. The added content will now appear in the Workspace on VIA Web.