Product: VIA Pro Desktop for Windows
Applies to: Owners, Editors and Viewers
For Windows users, the VIA for Microsoft Outlook add-in is automatically installed with the VIA Desktop application. In some cases, you may want to remove the Outlook add-in while leaving VIA Desktop on your computer.
I want to
- Remove the Intralinks VIA for Outlook add-in
- Disable the VIA for Outlook add-in
About this task
This process will remove the VIA add-in from Outlook. If you wish to use the VIA add-in again in the future, you will need to completely uninstall the VIA Desktop application from your computer, then run the VIA Desktop installer again (a separate, stand-alone installer for the Outlook add-in isn't available).
- In Microsoft Outlook, click File > Options.
- In the window that opens, click Add-ins (left-side pane).
- At the bottom of the Add-in Options screen, find the Manage drop-down menu.
- Select COM Add-ins and click Go.
- In the next window:
- To completely remove the VIA add-in: select Intralinks VIA Outlook Add-in and click the Remove button.
- To only disable the add-in (leaving it available for later use): uncheck the Intralinks VIA Outlook Add-in box.
- Click OK to close the COM Add-ins window.
- Reboot Outlook.