Product: VIA Pro for Desktop
Applies to: Owners, Editors and Viewers
I'm trying to use the VIA Desktop application, but I keep having one of the following issues:
- Application is crashing and / or throwing random errors
- Application isn't syncing properly or consistently
- Application takes a long time to sync a small amount of content
General / random issues usually indicate that your current installation of VIA Desktop is corrupt.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the application can fix these general issues.
Uninstall VIA Desktop
- On your computer, click either the Windows Start or Search (magnifying glass) icon.
- Type Apps & Features and press Enter.
- In the Window that opens, scroll down and locate Intralinks VIA on the applications list.
- Click the entry, then click Uninstall.
- Follow any prompts that appear.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Drag the Intralinks VIA Desktop application to the Trash.
- Next, open the Library folder (press and hold the Option key and click Go in the Finder menu. In the menu that appears, click Library).
- Locate any items with Intralinks or VIA Desktop in the name and drag them to the Trash.
Be sure to check the following folders:
- ~/Library/Application Support/
- Empty the Trash.
- Reboot your computer.
Reinstall VIA Desktop
- Log in to VIA Web with your Intralinks credentials: https://via.intralinks.com
- Click the Downloads icon in the left-side panel.
- In the Intralinks VIA Desktop Client section, download the installer for your operating system.
- Run the installer.
If you continue to experience issues, get in touch with us. Our Support team will be happy.