Product: VIA Pro for Desktop
Applies to: Owners, Editors and Viewers
I installed VIA Desktop on my computer and selected Workspaces to sync, but nothing is happening. The content in the Workspace on VIA Web isn't appearing in my local Intralinks VIA folder.
- VIA Desktop might not be running.
- The application is running, but you might actually have the syncing process paused.
- Proxy settings / internal restriction on your end are blocking VIA Desktop from connecting to the Intralinks servers.
Check application status
First, just make sure that VIA Desktop is currently running on your computer. You might be looking at your local Intralinks VIA folder (where content will appear when synced) but didn't start VIA Desktop itself (or the application crashed without your knowledge).
Check for the VIA icon in the Windows system tray or macOS status menu, which indicates that the application is in fact running.
You can also try restarting the application to be sure.
Check the sync status
Next, verify that VIA Desktop is in an active syncing state.
- Click the VIA icon.
- In the pop-up menu, look for Pause Syncing. This indicates that VIA Desktop is active and ready to sync.
- If you instead see Resume Syncing, VIA Desktop is currently in a paused state. Resume the sync process and confirm that the application is connecting / syncing.
Work with your IT team
If VIA Desktop is running / active but nothing is happening (or you're getting a connection error), please contact your internal IT team for assistance.
Your IT team will need to add the Intralinks server URLs to your organization's allowlist: Intralinks URLs for connectivity
They should also review your proxy settings to ensure that VIA Desktop can connect.
If you or your IT team has any questions, our Support team will be happy to help.