Applies to: Everyone
When you open a ticket with Intralinks Support for a technical issue, our Support team may ask you to capture a HAR file while performing the affected action in the Intralinks system.
About this task
The HAR file records your browser's interaction with the Intralinks site. Our teams can then analyze the log, which will help to identify the cause of an issue or error message.
Note: A HAR file isn't required for every issue / investigation. The Support agent assigned to your ticket will let you know if we need one. However, you are welcome to capture a HAR log and include the file when opening your ticket, as it may lead to a faster resolution.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Press F12 on your keyboard to open Chrome's DevTools in a split-pane view.
- Click the Network tab.
- If any current data is visible, click the Clear icon.
- Check the Preserve log box to retain a complete log throughout your navigation.
- Next, in the website side of the browser's split-pane view, navigate to the Intralinks site and complete the applicable process.
For example: If you're seeing an error message when opening a document in a browser tab, perform all the steps that lead to the error.
- As you complete the steps, the results pane will populate with network requests.
Note: If you need to stop recording at any point, click the Stop recording network log button. Click the button again to resume recording.
- When you are finished, right-click on any row in the results.
- On the pop-up menu, choose Save all as HAR with content.
- Save the file.
- If you have an open ticket, you can send us the HAR file through one of the following methods:
- Reply to our latest email and attach the HAR file.
- Open your list of Support requests on your Support Center profile and click the active ticket. Add or drag / drop the HAR file below the message box and click Submit.
- If you have not yet contacted Intralinks:
- Click Submit a Ticket to open a request with our Support team. Complete the Subject and Description fields, and choose Technical Issue in the drop-down menu. Add or drag / drop the HAR file below the message box and click Submit.