Applies to: Everyone
I want to
- Open the Intralinks archive I received on a USB drive.
About this task
Depending on the option selected when the archive was ordered, the USB will contain either two drives (USB Drive and IL-Info) or a ZIP file.
- Standard drive format - supported on Windows 10 or higher
- ZIP file - supported on Windows 10 or higher, macOS and Linux
A password is required to decrypt your archive. The password was sent to you in an email.
If you need didn't receive your password or lost the email, refer to Retrieving your archive password.
Standard drive format
- Insert the archive USB into your computer running Windows 10 or higher.
- Once the device connects, you'll see two new drives in your File Explorer:
- USB Drive (drive letter): Contains the encrypted archive.
- IL-Info (drive letter): Contains the archive confirmation letter, an invoice, shipping information, and additional files for Intralinks Support reference if assistance is needed.
- Double-click USB Drive.
- Next, enter your archive password in the BitLocker window and click Unlock.
- After authentication, USB Drive changes to IL - [Exchange Name].
- Open the drive to access the archive contents.
- Insert the archive USB into your computer.
- Once the device connects, access the USB drive.
- Unzip / extract the Archive-enc ZIP file to your local computer drive.
Note: If you have any issues with unzipping the archive, we recommend trying the free 7-Zip (Windows) or Keka (macOS) applications.
- When prompted, enter your archive password.
- Open the extracted archive folder.
- Within the folder, unzip the Archive folder.
- Lastly, open the folder to view the contents.
Notes for extracting the ZIP file
- Select a location high in the system structure to avoid long folder paths (which can cause issues). For example, on a Windows machine extract directly to the C: drive.
- Extract the archive to a folder named with minimal characters (also to avoid long folder paths).
Decrypting a data archive. Time: 2 minutes