Product: VIA Pro for Outlook
Applies to: Owners
The VIA Pro for Outlook email settings allow you to set preferences for how the add-in will work with emails you send.
I want to
- Update my default settings in VIA Pro for Outlook
- Stop seeing prompts to use Intralinks VIA Pro when I send emails
About this task
You can update two settings for the Outlook add-in.
When sending email, ask to use Intralinks VIA
- Never ask: By default, all emails you send with attachments are sent as standard emails. If you instead want to share the attachments through a VIA Pro Workspace, you'll need to manually click the VIA Upload & Share button in the email.
- If there are any attachments: The VIA Pro Upload and Share window will open every time you send an email with attachments, allowing you to select options for adding your files to a Workspace and sharing them with others (or sending through regular email).
Default setting for adding email recipients (Optional)
Select the user role that applies most often to the people with whom you share files. Your selection will appear as a suggested entry when you create new emails with attachments, but you can change the selection for individual emails if you like.
- Editors: Can read, download and comment on files. Can also edit and add files and folders.
Viewers: Can read, download and comment on files. Cannot edit or add files / folders or perform other tasks.
- Make invisible to other people: Editors and other viewers are unable to see invisible viewers. (All viewers are always visible to Workspace owners.)
- In the main Outlook screen, click the VIA Options button on the right side of the ribbon bar.
- In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the Settings window , click the Email tab.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Click Save.
Time: 2 and a half minutes