Product: VIA Pro for Desktop
Applies to: Owners, Editors and Viewers
The General tab allows you to set preferences for the way you will work with VIA Desktop.
I want to
- Update my default settings / preferences for VIA Desktop
About this task
- Mark the Start Intralinks VIA when Windows® starts / Launch Intralinks VIA at login option if you want VIA Desktop to run automatically when you start your computer. If you choose not to mark this selection, you'll need to manually start VIA Desktop on your computer when you're ready to sync Workspaces.
- Mark the Show desktop notifications option if you want notifications to appear briefly on the computer screen when you are added to another person’s Workspace, a file is added or updated, or somebody adds a comment about a file in one of your Workspaces.
- Bandwidth Usage: Indicate the percentage of network bandwidth that you want to allocate to VIA Desktop for file syncing. We recommend that you select the Don't limit option to allocate 100 percent of available bandwidth. If you allocate less than 100 percent, syncing will take longer but other applications may operate more smoothly during syncing.
- Click the VIA icon in the system tray (Windows) / status menu (macOS).
- Click Settings in the menu.
- Click the General tab.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Click Save.
Time: 3 minutes