Product: VIA Pro for Desktop
Applies to: Owners, Editors and Viewers
VIA Pro Desktop allows you to sync Workspaces to your computer. Locally-synced Workspaces function like standard folder / file structures on your system. You can enable or disable a Workspace for syncing in VIA Pro Desktop at any time.
I want to
- Choose the Workspaces to sync to my computer
- Sync a Workspace's content to my desktop
- Run VIA Pro Desktop on your computer.
- If this is your first time logging in, you'll see a screen where you can select the Workspaces you want to sync. Check the box for the applicable Workspaces and click Save.
- You can also select Workspaces in the VIA Pro Desktop menu. Click the VIA Pro system tray icon (Windows) or status menu icon (macOS) and choose Select Workspaces.
- In the Choose Workspaces to Sync window, check the box for the applicable Workspaces and click Save.
Note: If the Select Workspaces option doesn't appear, your organization's VIA Pro business group policy doesn't allow members to sync with VIA Pro Desktop.
- Access your Intralinks VIA folder. All synced Workspaces will appear and contain the folders and files currently present in VIA Pro Web.
Note: If you just enabled the sync on a Workspace, it may take a few moments for the sync process to complete. A green check mark will appear on the VIA Pro system tray / status menu icon when all selected Workspaces are synced.
If additional security has been applied to Workspaces
Some Workspaces have additional security applied that requires a verification code for access.
In the Choose Workspaces to Sync window, you'll see Verification is required under the Workspace name.
- If this is the first time you are selecting a Workspace to sync, when you click Save in the Choose Workspaces to Sync window, a new window will open to begin the verification process.
- If you previously selected Workspaces to sync, when you start VIA Pro Desktop you will need to verify your session before the Workspaces will sync. Click on the VIA Pro Desktop icon and choose Get Verification Code on the application's menu.
- In the Additonal Information Required window, select a delivery method (SMS text or email).
- Click Next.
- When you receive the code, enter it in the field and click Verify to begin syncing Workspaces.
Note: You will only need to verify with a code once per login session.