Product: VIA Pro Desktop for macOS
Applies to: Owners, Editors and Viewers
Use the steps below if you need to log into Intralinks. After you have logged in, Intralinks VIA Pro appears in the Favorites list in the Finder.
I want to
- Log in to the Intralinks VIA Pro Desktop Client
- In the Dock, locate the LaunchPad icon and click it. Then locate the Intralinks VIA Pro icon and click The Intralinks VIA Pro login screen appears.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
If your organization uses Single Sign-On (SSO) functionality and you are logged into the corporate network, VIA Pro Desktop Client is displayed automatically. If you are not logged into the corporate network, you will be asked to log into it.
- Enter your password/passphrase and click Log in.
- If you are asked to verify your identity, either enter the security code in the Verification Code field and click Next, or tap Yes, it’s me in your Okta Verify The security code is sent based on the method you selected when you activated your account. For more information on how security verification is triggered, see, Why am I asked to verify my identity.
The What’s New screen appears.
- If you want to know more about the current version of the Intralinks VIA Desktop Client, review the information on the screen. When you are ready to continue, click Close.
- The Choose Workspaces to Sync screen appears. The screen lists the Workspaces that you have been invited to use, as well as those that you have created.
Mark the check box that appears to the left of each Workspace that you want to begin syncing.
A copy of the folders and files in these Workspaces will be added to the Intralinks VIA folder on your computer. Any changes made to the files on your computer will be transferred to Intralinks VIA for the Web, where they will be available to everyone participating in the Workspace. If you are using the Desktop Client on any additional computers, your changes will appear there, as well. Any changes that you make with Intralinks VIA Pro for the Web will be copied automatically to your desktop.
If other people make changes to a Workspace that you created or a Workspace or folder that you have been invited to use, those changes will be synced to your desktop.
Review the selections on the Choose Workspaces to Sync screen. Mark any Workspaces that you want to begin syncing, and unmark any Workspaces that you no longer want to sync. (Note that if you unmark a Workspace, all the files associated with that Workspace will be removed from your computer.) When you are ready to continue, click Save.
- The Intralinks VIA folder appears in the Finder. Notice that there is a separate folder for each synced Using these folders, you can manage the files in the Workspaces that you have synced.
When you have finished working with the Intralinks VIA Desktop Client, you can close the Finder window.
Time: 2 minutes
Why can't I log in?
If you have been removed from a Workspace, a message is displayed saying that you no longer have access to the Workspace, and then a 403 error will be displayed. This can occur, for example, if you have not accessed a Workspace for a certain period of time, and the Workspace owner removes you.