Product: VIA Pro for iOS
Applies to: Owners and Editors
You can upload files to Workspaces from third-party apps on your iOS device.
I want to
- Add files to a Workspace using the iOS app
- Upload Workspace files from my device
About this task
- The VIA for iOS app doesn't have a direct, in-app file upload feature. You can only use the Open In command in a third-party app.
- You can add files only to Workspaces for which you are an owner or editor.
- The files must be 50 MB or smaller. You can use VIA Web to add larger files.
- You can't use the app to add files to Workspaces that have IRM protection applied (but you can use VIA Web).
- File names cannot contain the following characters: &/\:*"<>?| If a file name contains an ampersand, you will not be able to download the file or view it in the online viewer.
- Open a file in another app. For example, open a PDF in the iOS Adobe Reader app.
Note: In apps that support multi-file selection, you can select more than one file to upload.
- Tap the Open In icon.
- In the list that appears, tap Intralinks VIA.
- Log in to your VIA account.
- Select the Workspace where you would like to upload the file.
- Lastly, choose where to add the file in the Workspace.
- To upload the file to the main Workspace level, simply tap Select Location at the bottom.
- To upload the file to an existing Worksapce folder, tap the folder first to open it, then tap Select Location.
- To create a new folder, tap the circle icon, name the folder, and tap Add.
Next, tap Select Location at the bottom to upload the file.