Product: VIA Pro for iOS
Applies to: Owners, Editors and Viewers
You can download important files for viewing when your iOS device is unable to connect to the Internet or mobile network.
Note: Depending upon the policies set by your organization’s Intralinks VIA administrators, you may not be able to download files for offline viewing.
I want to
- View files when my iOS device is offline
About this task
- You can only download non-IRM-protected files for offline use.
- Protected files are identified by a shield icon under the file's name.
- If changes are made to the original file in the Workspace, the downloaded copy will be updated. If your device is offline when the changes are made, the downloaded copies will be updated when your device is online again.
- Important: Downloaded files are updated automatically. If your device has a data plan, updates may consume a significant amount of its data usage allotment. If this is a concern, you may want to limit the number of files that you download for offline use and perform downloads only when your device is connected to a wireless network.
- Swipe the file name all the way to the left.
Note: You can also swipe halfway to the left and tap the Details icon.
- Slide the Download to Device switch to the right.
- To view the files that you've downloaded, tap the Downloads icon at the bottom of the main Workspaces screen.
- Tap on the file you want to view.
- To remove a downloaded file, simply repeat the steps and slide the Download to Device switch to the left. (The original file on the Workspace will not be affected if you remove your downloaded copy.)