Product: VIA Pro for Android
Applies to: Owners and Editors
You can upload files to Workspaces from third-party apps on your Android device.
I want to
- Add files to a Workspace using the Android app
- Upload Workspace files from my device
About this task
- The VIA for Android app doesn't have a direct, in-app file upload feature. You can only use the Share command in a third-party app.
- You can add files only to Workspaces for which you are an owner or editor.
- The files must be 50 MB or smaller. You can use VIA Web to add larger files.
- You can't use the app to add files to Workspaces that have IRM protection applied (but you can use VIA Web).
- File names cannot contain the following characters: &/\:*"<>?| If a file name contains an ampersand, you will not be able to download the file or view it in the online viewer.
- Open a file in a third-party app. For example, open a PDF in the Adobe Reader app.
Note: In apps that support multi-file selection, you can select more than one file to upload.
- Tap the app's share icon.
- In the list of apps that appears, tap Intralinks VIA.
- Log in to your VIA account or enter your passcode if prompted.
- Select the Workspace where you would like to upload the file.
- Lastly, choose where to add the file in the Workspace:
- To upload the file to the main Workspace level, simply tap the Add button.
- To upload the file to an existing Workspace folder, tap the folder first to open it, then tap the Add button.
- To create a new folder, tap the icon on the upper right, name the folder, then tap Add.
Next, tap the Add button on the bottom to upload the file.