Product: VIA Pro for the Web
Applies to: Provisioned VIA Account Holders
Workspaces are your collaboration projects in Intralinks VIA Pro.
I want to
- Create a Workspace
Time: 2 minutes
- Click the Work icon in the left panel and select Workspaces to display your main screen.
- Click the +Workspace button at the top.
Note: If you don't have the +Workspace button available, you aren't a provisioned VIA account holder. See No option to create Workspaces.
- In the Create a Workspace screen. enter a name and optional description for the Workspace. Workspace names cannot contain the following characters: &/\:*"<>?| If a Workspace name contains an ampersand (&), you will not be able to download the files in this Workspace or view them in the online viewer.
- If you want to limit the amount of time that a Workspace is available, click the Set an expiration date field. Either type in a date or select one in the calendar that appears.
Note: Depending upon the policies set by your organization’s Intralinks VIA administrators, an expiration date may be required.
As the Workspace owner, you can continue to view Workspaces that have expired, but you will not be able to change them or make them active again. If you make other people owners of the Workspace, they will be able to view the expired Workspace as well. The viewers and editors you have invited to the Workspaces can no longer see them after they have expired.
You can expire or delete a Workspace at any time, regardless of your entries here. You also can change the expiration date later if necessary. For more information, see Expiring and deleting Workspaces and Setting or changing a Workspace's expiration date.
- Click Create. Your new Workspace will open on your screen.
You can now create folders, add files, and invite others to join the Workspace.