Product: VIA Pro for Desktop
Applies to: IT specialists
If you're an IT specialist, you may want to run a command-line installation of the Intralinks VIA Pro Desktop Client on your organization's Windows computers. This article will guide you.
I want to
- Install VIA Pro Desktop for Windows on my organization's computers
- Use a command-line installation for VIA Desktop
Download the installer
Option 1 - Direct download
You can download an .MSI or .EXE installer directly from the following links.
Option 2 - Download from Intralinks site
If you prefer to download the executable file from within our VIA Pro site, a registered Intralinks VIA user in your organization can follow these steps to download the installer.
If you need to extract the .MSI from the downloaded executable file, use the following:
ILVIA.exe /s /x /v"/qn” /b”C:\"
Run a single installation
Begin by creating a folder named Intralinks VIA at C:\Users\<username>.
Then use the following command-line instruction to install VIA Pro Desktop.
C:\Users\<user_name>\Downloads>msiexec /i "ILVIA.msi" /q VIADRIVELOCATION=
To install VIA Desktop on a network drive, specify the network location for the Intralinks VIA folder as the value for VIADRIVELOCATION.
To disable VIA Desktop’s auto-update function and hide it from view, use the following command-line instruction:
msiexec /i ILVIA.msi /q DISABLEAUTOUPDATE=1
Note: If this instruction is set to 0 (zero) or is not passed, the auto-update function will be visible to people and they may have the ability to update their VIA Desktop application.
Run a silent installation
msiexec /i <PATH TO MSI> /quiet /qn PROPERTY1=value1 PROPERTY2=value2 PROPERTY3=value3
The VIA Pro Desktop installer supports the following custom properties:
- BANDWIDTHLIMIT - The value for BANDWIDTHLIMIT must be between 20 and 100, and must be a multiple of 10.
- SSOPARTNERIDPID - This property can be used to set up a partner IDP for Single Sign-On (SSO). If a value is specified, the individual will be required to log in through SSO and will not be allowed to enter an email address and password to access VIA Desktop.
- PRODUCTLANGUAGE - This property can be used to change the language used in the VIA Desktop’s user interface. The default language is U.S. English. Values for this property include:
- 1033 – English (US)
- 1031 – German
- 1036 – French
- 1046 – Portuguese
- 2057 – English (UK)
- 1034 – Spanish
- 2052 – Chinese
- 1041 – Japanese
To ensure that VIA Pro Desktop can connect to our servers, please refer to these articles: