Product: VIA Pro for the Web
Applies to: Administrators
You can view a list of the computers and devices on which each individual has installed the Intralinks VIA Pro Desktop Client and, if necessary, block devices that are not authorized for use or that have been lost or stolen.
I want to
- Block a device from using the VIA Pro Desktop Client
- On the left side of your VIA screen, click the Administration icon.
- In the panel that expands, click Users.
Note: If you're an administrator in two or more business groups, select the appropriate group in the Business Group drop-down menu before clicking Users.
- Locate the person’s name on the list.
- On the right side of the user's row, click the Actions drop-down menu.
- Select View User Info & Devices.
- A screen will appear with information about the individual, including the devices on which the user has installed the Intralinks VIA Pro Desktop Client.
- To block a device, click Block to the right of the device name.
- Click Block and Wipe when prompted.
- The system will send a wipe command to the user's device, which will remove VIA Pro Desktop's settings and synced content.
- If the user's device if offline, the remote wipe will process the next time the user starts VIA Desktop.
- To unblock a device that has been blocked, click Unblock. The individual will again be able to use VIA Desktop on that device.